Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Brussels Sprouts and Mushroom Side

This is a great side dish. It can be served any time (I served it for breakfast) and it took me probably 10-15 minutes tops!

Ingredients:
1. 3-4 mushrooms
2. handful of brussels sprouts
3. clove of garlic
4. balsamic vinegar
5. capers and caper juice (optional)

How to Cook: Heat your pan, add olive oil. Throw in garlic and brussels sprouts. Let that cook for a bit. Once the brussels sprouts are soft, add mushrooms. Let this mixture cook for approx. 5 minutes. Once the vegetables are all soft (depending on your preference), add a splash of balsamic vinegar (maybe 1-2 tablespoons) and if you choose to, add the capers and a splash of caper juice. You do not want to add too much balsamic vinegar. For me, I find balsamic vinegar a bit too strong, but I like the acidity so I tend to add a lot. Simply adjust accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment