Thursday, April 24, 2014

Two types of Bruschetta, Same Method


I wanted to put my wheat baguette to work and decided to make some bruschetta. These are really easy, simple, and super quick to make! Bruschetta is great for an appetizer and snack. A very versatile and tasty treat! 

Pesto with Grape Tomatoes Bruschetta

How to Prepare: Cut your baguette (any will do), and spread pesto sauce (I used Costco's pesto) on the baguette slices, and cut a couple of grape tomatoes for the topping.

Bake  or grill for 2-5 minutes, depending on how toasted you prefer.

This doesn't need olive oil, because the pesto sauce already has olive oil.

Olive, Sun-dried, & Sweet Pepper Bruschetta

How to Prepare: the method is the same as the pesto with grape tomatoes; however, for this one, I sprinkled a dash of olive oil on the baguette slices (it is unnecessary but I did it) and then put the store bought topping (bought at Trader Joe's).

Bake or grill for 2-5, same as above.


I don't have the exact name of the topping for the olive, sun-dried, sweet pepper bruschetta.. I opted to just name what I remembered from the topping (I ran out and forgot to take a picture). 

Generally, bruschetta is based on toppings of tomato, olive oil, garlic, parsley, basil, and cheese.  

No comments:

Post a Comment