Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Deviled Eggs

Deviled Eggs without Mayo.

Ingredients:
1. Hard boiled eggs
2. Bacon (whole or bacon toppings used for salads)
3. Olive oil

How to Cook: Boil eggs for approx. 5 minutes. Handle eggs with care; it gets super hot! So, let the eggs stand for a bit before beginning to to crack the eggs and cutting them in half. I cut them vertically. Separate the egg yolks from the whites and put the egg yolks into a mixing bowl. The mixing bowl should have olive oil, bacon, and egg yolk. Now, mix with your hands and form mini circles so the mixture fits in the egg whites.

Optional: For my eggs, I cooked the bacon (I used bacon toppings bought from Costco. They are already cut and in mini size, meant for salads) and seasoned it with pepper, parsley flakes, and garlic salt. Other recipes add some form of mayo in their deviled eggs. I did not and it tasted fine because of the olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment